Under the direct supervision of the Business Development Head, the position is primarily responsible in the attainment of product profitability targets. Provides expertise in positioning the products to prospects via presentations, POCs, and product evaluations with the Account Managers. Responsible in representing the best interest of the organization with vendors and suppliers in terms of arrangements, agreements, pricing and more.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops products/solutions as assigned. Develops and studies the product, develops a business plan, and prepares implementation.
- Researches the market to know how to position the product vs. competitors and competing brands
- Studies and recommends supplementary products that may be strategic to the future growth of the company.
- Meets with Account Managers with product opportunities and assesses client’s requirements.
- Proposes for the best offering (to the AM), and assists in the formulation of strategy, provides knowledge and experience regarding market, and competing products.
- Conducts in depth client product presentations.
- Implements and ensures that the Standard POC Process, if required, is implemented, which includes Solutions Presentation, Pre POC agreement, Actual POC exercise, and POC Evaluation.
- Provides AM Support such as Product papers, comparisons and other product related information and activities.
- Reviews proposals and ensures that all are within specifications – evidenced by a signature in the proposal.
- Liaises with suppliers for product orders, and helps negotiate for good pricing and terms (if this is included as part of the responsibility as specified for the specific position).
- Through the AMs, ensures and coordinates that delivery procedure is as per agreed conditions of the purchase, as well as, secures acceptance and conducts post evaluation survey to ensure client satisfaction.
- Maintains a computerized report on status of Product Sales and Activities on a weekly basis.
- Diligently attend Sales/Clients meetings and report progress of activities as required by Supervisor.
- Submits timely and quality reports on his/her assigned Products and other documentations as required by Supervisor and or Management.
- Develops forecasts and projections annually to establish/support sales targets, and activity targets.
- Represents the organization in trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations as required.
- Studies and adheres to internal procedures, policies, systems and methodologies.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Graduate of any IT or business-related course
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and public relations skills
- Highly analytical and has ability to work in a fast-moving and hectic environments
- Detail-oriented yet able to look at a wide array of choices and identify priorities
- Strong client management skills and ability to keep commitments
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong motivation and has a positive approach in analyzing new business opportunities.
- Excellent influence and interpersonal skills required.
- Team interaction/effectiveness required.
- Computer Proficient, especially in using Word, Excel and Powerpoint